Monday, August 20, 2007

I

I am Scarlett O'Hara, without the Scarlett
I am constructed of iron that I created in my own blast furnace
I am as flimsy as a house of cards
I am Strider, dark-clothed, hidden, stalwart
I am Merry and Pippin, a little silly but still mostly brave
I am the most un-mechanical person you have ever met
I am as wild as a tornado, and as crumpled as yesterday's news
I am the spray of the surf and the one unique snowflake amid a storm full of unique snowflakes
I am the comet's tail and Saturn's rings
I am the piano in a piece of music that was meant for saxophone
I am a very tiny facet, reflecting, within a very large creation
I am my father's daughter
I am a product of my past and my future
I am a student of the universe
I am in love with life

DLD/07AUG07

No comments: