Sunday, August 26, 2007

One-Stitch, Two-Stitch

It's a long weekend in England, so I've taken a day away from books and writing and forms and decisions. Now that my glasses are updated, and now that my eyes have had enough rest, and now that I've moved the furniture in my room to give better light, I found for the first time in a year that I could sit and enjoy my cross-stitching again.

I'm sure this will be a short-lived burst of energy. It takes hundreds of hours to complete a project like this. I won't have that kind of time on my hands until all this schooling is done. But today -- for now -- I loved reconnecting with thread and needle, painting colours on my canvas. This piece is called Bundle of Bears, and will eventually become a Christmas stocking for my granddaughter. The design is by Donna Vermillion Giampa, and I'm stitching it on 28-count white Cashel linen. (Click on the photo to enlarge.)

No comments: