Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Truth

I

The one...
The only....
The answer.

If such beings as us
could possess such knowledge
then wherein would be the joy of the journey?

The truth you see
and the truth I see
are as nothing
compared
to the one and only
truth.

And while we strive for the one...
While we imagine, while we dream,
While we ache for the fullness of the destination...
Scribe what you will....
For it cannot be written.

We are the infinity.
We are the one.


II

May this single truth be known...
For those who hurry to the goal,
Those whose footsteps pound
Resound
Hands in pockets
Body closed
Eyes ahead
Resolute
Forging a straight line
from here to there....

Know that joy resides in getting lost...
inexplicably finding oneself far from the path
of least resistance.
Joy resides in
mud puddles
cornfield mazes
strawberry patches
and stopped clocks.

Without these things,
Completion is irrelevant.


III

The canvas draws me in.
One step, and I leave my worldly existence
and enter the forest of emerald and jade.
Intricately crafted flakes of white drift down,
coaxed free by nothing more than a wisp
so that my path may be illuminated.

Diamonds of sunshine penetrate the darkness,
scattering the shadows of my being.
I catch them in the palms of my hands.
I let them slip through my fingers.
They float gently to my feet.
A witness to the weightlessness
of all that has gone before.
I do not know the words,
but I believe that
truth is here.

I shall seek you out
in the valleys, the meadows, the mountains, the seas.
I shall look for you in the moonlight
that sparkles on the ebony desert sands.
I shall find you
in the place
that is not
the end.

DLD/14AUG07

No comments: