Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Mild Form of Insanity

Pushing paper, filling out forms
Transcripts required -- orders placed
Photos needed -- "flash"
New printer -- "install"
Colour cartridge? Print photos?
I can do this :)

187 webpages open at once
(oh yes.... where was I again?)
Nine-page-long applications with 27 pages of
accompanying instructions
*aaarrggghhh*

Reading fine print till my eyes water
Processing information till my brain
suffers a state of cataleptic entropy,
and begins to collapse inward upon itself
*groan*

Selling myself to the world
in bits and pieces
Two-page statements designed to
emit tentacles, grasp the unwary professor
who unknowingly opens the next application,
not realizing that she's about to inhale a healthy dose of
"you-really-want-me-at-your-institution" fairy dust
which I've sprinkled all over the documents,
cackling psychotically as I stuff them all into an oversized envelope....
(same dust, slightly different variety --
"you-really-want-to-write-me-a-big-cheque"
-- sprinkled on scholarship applications)

But today
sitting cross-eyed behind this computer screen,
sometimes I think I've lost my mind....
Right, yes....I've probably absentmindedly slipped it
somewhere between the pages
of my life.

Oh yes, there it is.
Reinstall. Shall we continue?

DLD/16AUG07

No comments: