Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wonderful Words

The poem that follows really illustrates where I am in life right now. I truly feel that I'm standing on a precipice, one foot in the air, ready to take the next step. Joseph Campbell says: "As you go the way of life, you will see a great chasm. Jump! It is not as wide as you think." This quote has truly shaped the decisions I've made in the past two years, and I encourage you to incorporate it into your life too. Enjoy this poem, and my thanks to Krow for her permission to post it here.

When you choose
To trust, to let go
And let life show
You it’s surprises
In all the translucent guises
Of realities you can infuse
With your being
Really seeing
your choices,
When you choose
To live
Really live
And enjoy your stay
Greet every day
As if it is your best and last chance
To dance
Your destiny,
Then, you are free
To be
All that you already are
And that is by far
The best life can give
When you choose
To live.

--Krow

2 comments:

Andi said...

What a lovely poem! And what sound advice from Joseph Campbell. :)

CdnReader said...

I've read some stuff in the last while that has really impacted on how I look at life, Andi. I decided some 10 years ago that every single day needs our best effort and greatest courage in order to get everything out of life that's available. It's the continual exposure to books like this (and people like you, I might add) that keep me on the right path. :)

This Campbell quote came from "A Joseph Campbell Companion," which is chock full of other wise sayings. Highly recommended reading.