Saturday, June 30, 2007

At Least I'm Not Missing Anything....

Stuck inside. Recuperating from a cold. Waiting (see my last post). Day after day of rain and dreary weather at least validates my inactivity. With any luck, the rain will stop before school starts again in October. Sigh.

Lemon hot toddies all around. My treat. :) Now where's that book I was reading.....?

Rain
Rain surrounds you
It kisses your cheeks
And you imagine
The rain
As arms
Holding you,
Protecting you
Safe
In the rain.
--Anne Lacy

Listening to: Train in Vain (Annie Lennox), on iTunes mvyradio (from Martha's Vineyard).
Just finished: Signing up for a monthly DVD rental program through Amazon. If it's gonna rain for a month, I may as well catch up on all the films I've missed in the last year.

2 comments:

tanabata said...

Oh dear. Hope you feel better soon (and that the rain stops).
We used the Amazon rental- it was really good. I'd tried a couple others but Amazon's turn around time seemed really efficient. Also really liked having the extra discount on buying DVDs.

CdnReader said...

Thanks, Nat. I'm on the mend (I hope), but it's a stubborn one. On the other hand, there's no reason in the world that I shouldn't just rest and rest and REST until it's gone. My first three DVDs should help with that. :)