Saturday, June 16, 2007


I spent a lot of my time just looking at the water, mesmerized by the magical motion of the waves. I had a lovely room with an unobstructed view right over the water, and a big comfy armchair settled nicely in the window nook. And several times a day I'd head out to wander the beach. Walk, refresh, renew, breathe. Very very relaxing.

The tides fascinated me. They made me think of the world as a great huge balancing mechanism, and I visualized the water flowing gently back and forth between the continents. I wonder if it's the earth's way of always trying to find that middle ground where the water could be perfectly still and serene. :)

The photo above right is my favourite of the entire trip, taken on a peaceful, quiet evening.

2 comments:

tanabata said...

Looks so peaceful! No doubt you came back refreshed. One of the first things I like to do when I'm in Victoria is visit the ocean. I really miss it here.

CdnReader said...

The ocean, to me, is just pure magic. :)