Saturday, April 28, 2007

Reunion

When I reach out to you,
my mind travels down distant paths...
faraway places and times
that exist only for us.

I follow you
through the mist...
into a forest deep.
Leather moccasins creep...
Pine needles carpet the trail in softness.
Branches of oak line my way with strength.
A wisp of breeze urges me forward.

I follow you
along a scattered shore,
your footsteps deeply ingrained
in the wet sand.
My bare feet trace
the watery impressions.
The cry of the gull leads me on.

I follow you
through meadows of gold....
wildflowers' beauty surrounds.
The scent of the heavens
fills me with the need for you.
The wind through the tall grass
sings me towards you.

And suddenly....
There you are.

A welcome warmth rushes over me.
Remembrance envelops....
I am inundated, trembling, breathless,
submerged in the ecstasy
of knowing you.

My spirit has longed for this....
Our reunion.

I am drawn.

Like water running downhill,
I flow towards you....
Fingers touch, souls converge
And there is no longer two...

I am immersed in you.

DLD/28APR07

No comments: