Saturday, July 14, 2007

miscellaneous snippets

Shall we be reborn
in an instant's reckoning?
Living beyond boundaries
both physical and temporal....

I dreamt once
of a young woman
who drew water from a wooden sluice.
Her burdens were many and her pleasures few.
As she aged,
her hands twisted and knotted
with unexpressed grief and anger,
and she laid on her deathbed,
with her family gathered 'round.

I dreamt once
of a young man
who overlooked the labours of many.
He strove to see the good in all,
yet witnessed a murder
that confronted him
with the reality of evil.
His life ended in fear and despair
as the wicked exacted their revenge.

These are only two
of those who comprise
the whole of me.

And all those who surrounded the woman and the man
in their separate lives and times
surround me still.

* * * * *

Broken, whole
Ebb and flow
Evil, good
Darkness to light
Happiness and grief...

All these define the edges
of our reality....
and we dance within the confines,
creating a lyrical web of complex threads
leading backwards and forwards,
and connecting us to...
all.

Is it an endless journey without reprieve?
I know not the answers nor the purpose,
yet I trust that all will come clear
in time.

I search for clarity, wisdom, peace....
I tread lightly through the forest.
I feel the wind at my back, pushing me ever forwards,
to a future both unknown and unknowable.

I rejoice in the beauty of all
and I dream beyond.

DLD/13JUL07

No comments: