Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Stream

I walk by the stream of my future.

Too many choices, it seems,
tangled within filaments of intention...
I am led astray....
lost in possibilities.

Adrift, afloat...
vanished into a watery place,
the motion, the warmth,
soothes and comforts...

Submission.
Calmness prevails.
The struggle ends.
Consciousness is lost.

Shall I perish for want of finding
the one path....
the many paths...
that may lead me to the one that I can become.

Suddenly...
a voice....a hand....
gasping....grasping....

I emerge
whole.

* * * * *

Returning from the abyss
I follow the voice....unsure....
Dost thou await me here?

There are too many pieces
from which to build....to create....to become....
I collect them as I follow the voice beyond,
gathering them within the folds of my cloak,
but the puzzle is scattered to the winds...
and I can hear the laughter of the stars,
a sound as of dangling crystals
gently jostled in a summer's breeze.

For they alone see that we are already
selves fully born,
fully become as we are.
No further embellishment
is needed.

Is not thy courage strong?
Is not thy vision clear?
Is not thy heart pure?

Such are the lessons
that have brought us
here.


DLD/18JUL07

No comments: